Monday, June 25, 2012

wedding update

Nineteen days to go! 
Thought I'd do a little updating on the status of wedding projects. 
The decorations for the wedding ceremony and reception are very simple: flags and white lights and flowers. I've been super busy with gardening, white lights are being collected, but the flags have not been worked on hardly at all. 
So today, this wonderfully rainy June day, was packed full of sewing. I'm just taking pieces of fabric I have around the house and cutting them into shapes I like and sewing them up. They're all different colors and all different shapes and all different sizes. I have some made out of an old blue polka-dotted shirt from something I found at the GoodWill store for Halloween last year, a red and white flowered flag from a favorite dress that had some broken straps, and a pretty tan flowered flag from curtains that I made from one of my very first apartments. I'm going through old fabrics from my mom as well, and cutting those up and sewing a million more flags. 
Nineteen days to get this (plus a whole lot more) all done. Cripes.







And then here is what my calendar looks like, if you wanna know. Looking at this made my darlin' freak out. 



That Maine is our Honeymoon. We're doing the simple thing, and going camping and hiking and kayaking and beachin'. One full week of it. I can't WAIT. 


No comments:

Post a Comment